Attendance Staff are under pressure to ensure registration coding is used correctly. This practical training seminar fully equips attendance staff with all the essential knowledge they require. In addition, colleagues will leave with a clear understanding of how accurate coding contributes to effective safeguarding procedures and leads to practice that impacts on raising attendance levels in their school.
The training will be led by Victoria Franklin, a nationally recognised Attendance Improvement Consultant, with a highly regarded reputation for delivering outstanding CPD to colleagues in schools across the country.
Learning objectives from this one-day seminar:
- Making sure your registration practice complies with the law
- A definitive guide to attendance coding
- Reviewing coding practices to improve attendance rates
- Understanding the importance of using the correct code to record absence
- Dealing with common coding queries
- Understanding what codes tell us about the national attendance picture
- Giving your coding a ‘deep clean’ to improve attendance
- Making sure registration practice dovetails with safeguarding procedures
- Looking at examples of how coding can hide underlying safeguarding issues