Learn basic signing skills and best practice for interacting with Deaf customers and colleagues.
This informative and exciting training course provides colleagues with an introduction to Deaf culture and British Sign Language. It is delivered by a Gary O’Dowd, a Deaf education professional and voiced over by Alex Vann, a Level 6 signer and communication support worker.
- Myth bust common misconceptions about the Deaf community
- Provide an overview of Deaf culture and history
- Teach an introduction to British Sign Language (BSL)
- Inform about best practices with working with Deaf customers and colleagues
- Provide signposts to further development in this area for those who are interested