Effective Middle-Leadership in Independent Schools Conference
Effective and successful middle leadership is fundamental to school improvement, raising standards and the implementation of every child matters.
Middle leaders are pivotal in the process of translating broad principles and strategies into the actual concrete experiences of every learner.
Learning objectives for this one day conference:
- Understand what good leadership looks like and the skills you need to be a successful middle manager in 2020
- Identify and address key challenges to the middle leadership role
- Learn how to excel in your line management responsibilities
- Guidance on effective staff management and engagement
- Tips for building and keeping strong teams
- Develop your positive impact on pupil performance
- Tools for excellent time management
- Develop your role in whole-school policy, improvement and vision
- Strategies for creating conditions for success
Agenda covers the following topics:
The growing importance of middle leaders: changing role, responsibility and accountability
Leadership of effective teaching and learning in the classroom
Line management and staff development
Wider context: your role in school improvement and vision
Professional development and self-management
Who should attend?
For those aspiring to middle leadership, those who want to develop their effectiveness, and for those responsible for the development of middle leadership in schools.