This training course has been specifically designed to give Sixth Form Administrators the skills to enable them to offer highly effective support to students.
The course is presented by Jo Dickie, an experienced counsellor and trainer with a national reputation for delivering high-quality CPD to teams working with school and college students.
- Understanding your pastoral support role and the wider pastoral support system
- Identifying and improving your active listening skills
- Using a solutions-focused approach to help empower students to help themselves
- Developing essential counselling skills for emotionally-challenging pastoral conversations
- Having supportive conversations with students experiencing common mental health issues
- Supporting students with ongoing pastoral needs