IN-HOUSE training brought to you … high quality, flexible, cost effective
Supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer students in your school
This course has been specifically designed to equip Pastoral Staff, School Nurses and Student Support Leaders with the understanding, knowledge and practical tools needed to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer students in schools, with a specific focus on increasing awareness around young transgender people. This highly interactive course will be led by Lee Gale or Simon Croft from Gendered Intelligence, a Community Interest Company whose aim is to increase understanding of gender diversity and increase the quality of trans people’s life experiences. The day will focus on:
• Establishing a basis for understanding LGBTQ people
• Exploring key terms and demystifying language
• LGBTQ students and how to support them using your pastoral skills
• Outlining your school’s legal obligations
• Identifying effective strategies to develop inclusive and supportive practices at school
• Promoting positive attitudes and preventing homophobic, bi-phobic and transphobic bullying, behaviour and attitudes
This highly interactive course will be led by an expert trainer from Gendered Intelligence, a community interest company whose aim is to increase understanding of gender diversity and increase the quality of trans people’s life experiences.
About Gendered Intelligence
GI is a Community Interest Company, established in 2008, that provides activities, support, training and resources for the trans community and all those who work with or support trans people. They particularly specialise in supporting young trans people between the ages of 8 and 25.