Achieving the best possible support for your students
SENCOs and Exams Officers have a major role in organising access arrangements for their SEN students. Equip yourself with time-saving techniques and get advice on cases specific to you.
Led by Nick Lait and Sam Garner, this one-day course will help you to:
- Gain an overview of Access Arrangements
- Prepare for 2019/2020
- Understand the logistics and practicalities
- Develop time-saving procedures
- Manage parental expectations
- Accurately assess the needs of individual students
* This is a unique opportunity to learn with Nick Lait, The Head of Examination Services at the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), who will be one of your trainers on this course! *
We’re thrilled to have two renowned speakers – Nick Lait and Samantha Garner.
Nick Lait is the Head of Examination Services at the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ). This is a fantastic and unique experience to learn from someone who writes the regulations, including the JCQ publication Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments and Instructions for conducting examinations!
Samantha Garner has been involved in education for over 15 years, having been a SENCO and Examinations Officer in a large secondary school of approximately 2,000 students. She is a regular presenter at national and international training events for SENCOs and exams officers, receiving fantastic feedback on her interactive approach.