COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Update:
Event postponed In light of the Government’s latest guidance on the Coronavirus.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment, but we, of course, must prioritise the health and safety of our delegates, speakers and staff.
We shall come back to you in due course, with an alternative date.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information.
Thank you for your understanding and for your patience.
The RTA Team
As you know, the role of the Independent School SENCo is not like a mainstream SENCo. There is often a different inspection service and it’s not always obvious what legal SEND regulations have to be adhered to. This brand new course designed by Sam Garner is especially tailored for the Independent School SENCo, addressing the unique issues that arise as well as looking at best practice to support SEN students.
This one day course will provide detailed guidance on:
- The role, responsibilities and expectations of an IS SENCo
- Legal obligations for SEN in independent schools
- Wave 1 & Wave 2 SEN Support
- Preparing for your IS inspection and using data
- Managing parental expectations and ensuring parental support of SEN students