As you know, the role of the Independent School SENCo is not like a mainstream SENCo. There is often a different inspection service and it’s not always obvious what legal SEND regulations have to be adhered to. This brand new course designed by Sam Garner is especially tailored for the Independent School SENCo, addressing the unique issues that arise as well as looking at best practice to support SEN students.
This one day course will provide detailed guidance on:
- The role, responsibilities and expectations of an IS SENCo
- Legal obligations for SEN in independent schools
- Wave 1 & Wave 2 SEN Support
- Preparing for your IS inspection and using data
- Managing parental expectations and ensuring parental support of SEN students