Assess the current outlook for closing the gap and improving the achievement of disadvantaged pupils with this informative live Webinar.
Topics to be covered:
- What is the Pupil Premium and why was it introduced?
- What are the key attainment gaps and why do they emerge?
- Why hasn’t the Pupil Premium been more successful in closing these gaps?
- A 3-point PP plan: Identify the barriers, choose the strategies, set the success criteria
- Cultural capital and closing the vocab gap
- The features of effective PP interventions
Presented by Matt Bromley, Education Advisor, Bromley Education.
Matt Bromley is an education writer and advisor with over twenty years’ experience in teaching and leadership including as a secondary school headteacher and principal, FE college vice principal, and MAT director. He also works as a public speaker, trainer, and school improvement lead, and is a primary school governor.