Managing Conflict and Dealing with Difficult Conversations
Most people have at some time had to deal with difficult behaviour from customers, colleagues, clients, patients or those they work with. How you deal with these challenging conversations and conflicts will determine the outcome. This online seminar has been created to help individuals develop positive strategies for managing negative behaviour.
- What is conflict? What is Confrontation?
- Why does communication sometimes break down and what is the impact?
- Recognising the causes and consequences of conflict
- How to take control of the situation and prevent destructive conflict
- Handling colleagues who exhibit negative behaviour
- Managing anger – your own and others
- Skills for defusing difficult situations, escalators and de-escalators
- Developing assertive strategies to nurture healthy, productive inter-personal relationships
- Saying No and maintaining relationships
- Developing self-esteem and positivity