Mental health and wellbeing is an incredibly important and essential part of our everyday lives. Ensuring awareness around positive mental wellbeing and the way to tackle poor mental health is crucial. Equip yourself with the right tools and knowledge with this essential training course.
9.30-10.15 – Session 1: Identifies normal mental health
- What is normal, and what does it look like?
- When does it become abnormal?
- Factors affecting mental health in our lives
- Who is at risk of developing mental ill-health?
10.15- 11.15 – Session 2: Starts to explore what we can do
Here we will look at the action plan a useful tool for mental health first aiders
- What is it how does it help?
- SOLAR – a simple listening tool that anyone can use to support someone else
11.30—12.15 – Session 3: Common mental health issues
- Stress – what is it and what does it look like
- Depression – how would we know?
- Suicide often the end result of severe depression
- Anxiety – what is it what does it look like
- Eating disorders and self-harm unhealthy coping strategies
12.15- 13.00 – Session 4: Mentally healthier workplaces
Here we look at what can be done to help
- Mental health core standards
- What can we do in our environments?