This brand new course was made specifically for Independent Schools by our popular speaker Sam Garner.
It will discuss and show how to support these issues and embrace a whole school approach.
Suitable for anyone working in independent schools with the responsibility of MH or working directly with students in a pastoral role.
This one day course will provide detailed guidance on:
- Mental health overview
- The development of the brain
- Risk and protective factors
- The effect of boarding on mental health
- Mental Health Interventions/Programmes
- Where to find effective mental health interventions
- Evaluating interventions and programmes
- Specific mental health issues and how to provide support
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety including exam anxiety
- Reducing the stigma of mental health
- The importance of staff emotional literacy to support students
- How staff can support positive mental health
- Supporting staff mental wellbeing
- How to effectively work with parents to support students
- Whole-school ethos
- Implementing a whole-school approach
- Moving forward
Our SEN and Mental Health expert that is already well known for her independent SENCo courses. She has been involved in education for over 15 years. She has been a SENCO and Examinations Officer in a large secondary school of approximately 2000 students. Sam has also been a regular presenter at national international training events for SENCOs and exams officers, as well as conducting individual training with SENCOs. She is also working towards improving mental health support in schools.