10th October, 2019
Providing Safe Healthcare for Pupils with Medical Needs: Essential key updates for first-aiders on relevant healthcare and legal compliance issues
This course offers school first-aiders, who provide basic healthcare to students and administer medicines, the opportunity to update their knowledge and skills in order to fully comply with all the legal obligations surrounding the clinical and record-keeping aspects of their role.
• Storing and administering medicines safely
• Dealing with issues of confidentiality, consent and self-administration of medicines
• Making sure the information you hold on pupils and your record-keeping are watertight
• Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Anaphylaxis – Individual Health Care Plans (IHCPs) to use in school
• Providing effective mental health first aid