* Implementing the new KS3 and GCSE curricula
* Successfully engaging students
* Building a unified D&T team
With the KS3 D&T curriculum bedding down in schools and the new D&T GCSE coming into play in September 2017, a single subject approach, from Y7-11, makes sense. However, this is unchartered territory for many. Whilst this allows for fresh opportunities and ideas it’s no doubt a worrying prospect for some.
This unique course has been specifically designed for Heads of Department to help prepare and equip them as best as possible, in advance of the new academic year. The day will be informative and practical as well as a fantastic opportunity for networking and sharing good practice.
• In addition to the training day, added value is provided in the form of post-course support. Delegates will be enrolled into a Slack group [slack.com] after the course. This will enable continued communications for colleagues as well as providing a vehicle for sharing ongoing ideas and resources.
• Delegates should bring their existing D&T scheme of work with them – eg on a laptop that they can refer to and use during the day.
Exemplar materials provided on the day to minimise note taking will also be sent electronically after the course.