Practical guidance for getting your paperwork in order
Staff members with responsibility for any aspect of safeguarding in schools are at the forefront of keeping pupils safe. It is essential that those involved in the administration and management of safeguarding ensure that systems are applied consistently.
This one-day online seminar will focus on:
• Current legislation – Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018
• Meeting OFSTED expectations of safeguarding – Including social care and Early Help
• Current Safeguarding concerns and your role in the Safeguarding process
• Safer record keeping throughout your school
• Practical sessions – a day in the life of Safeguarding Administration
• Templates to assist in safeguarding administration
Jane Bee has worked in Safeguarding and Child Protection for 17 years and was the manager for Safeguarding in Education for the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board. Jane has delivered training to every kind of educational setting and wrote the Section 175 Audit used for schools, covering Safer Recruitment, DBS checks, the Single Central Record, Child Protection record keeping, Allegations Management, Female Genital Mutilation, Prevent, Domestic Abuse and Safeguarding Policies. Jane also advises on required associated policies such as the school’s Acceptable User Policy (use of social media, cameras etc.) the Guide to Safer Working Practice and Consent and Information Sharing. Jane has also worked in Allegations Management for 12 years and is an accredited Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) lead reviewer for Serious Case Reviews.