Practical guidance for getting your paperwork in order
Staff members with responsibility for any aspect of safeguarding in schools are at the forefront of keeping pupils safe. It is essential that those involved in the administration and management of safeguarding ensure that systems are applied consistently. Safeguarding paperwork needs to be robust, up-to-date and ready for inspection scrutiny.
This one day course will focus on:
• Current legislation – Keeping Children Safe in Education
• Meeting OFSTED expectations of safeguarding – Including social care and Early Help
• Current Safeguarding concerns and your role in the Safeguarding process
• Risk assessments and ensuring strong procedures
• The Single Central Record and what you should include
• Safer record keeping throughout your school
• Practical sessions – a day in the life of Safeguarding Administration
• Templates to assist in safeguarding administration
The course will be led by Jane Bee, our Safeguarding and Child Protection expert. Jane has worked in Safeguarding and Child Protection for 17 years and was the manager for Safeguarding in Education for the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board. Jane has delivered training to every kind of educational setting and wrote the Section 175 Audit used for schools, covering Safer Recruitment, DBS checks, the Single Central Record, Child protection administration and record-keeping, Allegations Management, Female Genital Mutilation, Prevent, Domestic Abuse and Safeguarding Policies.