Teacher retention is in crisis…
Teacher retention has been a problem for decades, but in recent years it’s reached crisis level. Since COVID-19 schools are witnessing a welcomed increase in applications – and it’s crucial that you have the right strategy in place to retain the best employees.
This brand new webinar will help you do just that!
Date: 20th October 2020 Duration: 1 hour
- Introduction: The scale and nature of the problem
- Solution 1: Pay and conditions: workload; flexible working; pay
- Solution 2: Facilities
- Solution 3: Leadership practices: support and encouragement; clarity of expectations
- Solution 4: Training and CPD: ITT; investment in CPD; quality of relevance of CPD; support for new teachers
- Solution 5: Career progression: development opportunities; professional recognition;
Led by Matt Bromley
Matt Bromley is an education writer and advisor with over twenty years’ experience in teaching and leadership including as a secondary school headteacher and principal, FE college vice principal, and MAT director. He also works as a public speaker, trainer, and school improvement lead, and is a primary school governor. Matt writes for various newspapers and magazines, sits on SecEd’s editorial board and co-hosts their podcast. He is the author of numerous best-selling books for teachers and his education blog has been voted one of the UK’s most influential.
He regularly speaks at national and international conferences and events, and provides education advice to charities, government agencies, training providers, colleges and multi-academy trusts. He works as a consultant and trainer with several companies and also provides a wide selection of direct-to-market consultancy and training services through his own company, Bromley Education, which he founded in 2012.