This training event is specifically designed to enable academy Finance Officers to establish, operate and review financial procedures in order to implement an effective system and fulfil all legal requirements.
• Operating watertight financial record-keeping systems
• Complying with legal requirements and preparing for audits
• Successfully managing all stages of your financial year
Participants will be guided by Beverley Dowsett who, as the former Director of Finance for the Academies Enterprise Trust, had budgetary responsibility for twenty academies with a budget in excess of £150 million.
The day will focus on:
- Setting up and reviewing effective processes for financial record keeping
- Ensuring the correct data is retained
- Understanding and complying with legal requirements
- Preparing company accounts for your year-end
- How to review your financial procedures
- Understanding an academy’s complete financial cycle
- Effective management of contingencies.