School Nurses are under constant pressure to remain up-to-date with the issues that impact on their daily practice, yet they often feel professionally isolated.
This conference offers the opportunity to work with a range of school nursing, mental health and injury experts to tackle the big questions, all in one day together to accommodate your busy schedules.
Get your questions answered by our expert trainers!
The conference will focus on:
A recap on Mental Health
- Mental health first aid
- Effectively reaching out to pupils in need
- Key causes and strategies to manage
- Managing confidentiality in light of having a mental health lead in school: where are the boundaries
- Successful management of soft tissue injuries
- Dealing with concussion and cervical spine injuries
- Practical worked examples for assessment and management
- Asthma – a review of the key issues
- Successful asthma management
Eating disorders & Self harm
- Eating disorders and self-harm – setting the scene
- Successfully dealing with eating disorders
- Successfully dealing with self harm issues
Nurse Angst & General Support
- Understanding your role requirements
- Record keeping – make sure you know what’s essential and what’s not
- Handling data – recording, accuracy and storage
- Preparing for school inspections
- Writing policies and templates for your school
Our SEN and Mental Health expert that is already well known for her independent SENCo courses. She has been involved in education for over 15 years. She has been a SENCO and Examinations Officer in a large secondary school of approximately 2000 students. Sam has also been a regular presenter at national international training events for SENCOs and exams officers, as well as conducting individual training with SENCOs. She is also working towards improving mental health support in schools.
Msc, Bsc Dip Ed. R.S.C.N trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick Children and has 27 years nursing background. She managed and supported the development of a team of nurses, ward managed, implemented change and participated or undertook research, along with the day to day management of one of the world’s largest paediatric intensive care units.
Is a Chartered Physiotherapist, Clinical Manager and Company Director with 20 years’ experience working in the NHS, private practice, elite sport and independent schools. Over the past decade, James has been a Director of Bevan Wilson Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinics, a highly-regarded practice, based in Surrey but providing nationwide services.
Our Asthma expert is a Registered Adult and Sick Children’s Nurse.She has gained a wealth of experience nursing sick children at several major hospitals including The John Radcliffe Oxford, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London and the Hospital for Sick Children Toronto, Canada. Her background includes Paediatric Surgery and Intensive Care as well as working as an Asthma Nurse Specialist for Asthma UK.