Recent research has highlighted the increasing risk of staff burnout in the education sector, resulting in a growing percentage of education professionals unable to return to work – the continuing impact of staff stress and resulting absence on the performance of schools remains a serious issue.
Alongside needing to protect the mental health of their staff, schools are dealing with an increasing range of pastoral issues, such as complex safeguarding and mental health needs. We have designed a course to equip Senior Leaders and Heads of Pastoral Care with the skills to deliver effective pastoral supervision and management for staff dealing with acute safeguarding and mental health risk, and takes a practical, systemic approach to addressing key challenges:
• Essential knowledge to allow senior staff to develop an effective mental health and emotional resilience policy for all school staff
• Evidenced based approaches to intervene, prevent and support
• Develop skills to deliver effective pastoral supervision and management for staff dealing with acute safeguarding and mental health risk
• Cultivate key resources for your school to actively build the emotional resilience of staff and support their mental health
• Developing pastoral guidance for effective management of complex safeguarding and mental health issues within a range of school settings
• Create a healthy work/life balance culture in your school.